Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Literacy Walkthrough

Linda Flores came yesterday, as you all know, to conduct a walkthrough on your physical environments.  You passed with flying colors!  She was very impressed by the great teaching she saw.  Linda mentioned that the fact that students stayed engaged during the interruptions spoke volumes about the quality and focus of instruction.  She saw evidence of the SE's in EVERY room she walked into.  A few of her specific comments were:

  • "This room is one of the best that I've seen with organization." - Maria Izaguirre's room
  • "Second grade is very tight!"
  • "I can tell that a teacher has been in here because there is so much evidence of the SE's." - Peña's room - Lozano has been teaching in there
  • "This is a great library.  I can see wanting to spend a lot of time over here." - Villarreal's room
  • "The labeling of the leveling on these books is impeccable." - Sulewski's room
These are just a few of the comments.  She said she didn't walk into one classroom where she didn't see the district curriculum being implemented and being implented well.  I was once again proud to be the leader at Morales, a school that puts kids and learning first!



1 comment:

  1. I went by Maria's this afternoon and I got a few ideas I'm going to try in my room.

    ReplyDelete